Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Biscuits



Well.. it was too rainy and wet, along with a mixture of some sleet, so, our Thanksgiving Hunt was canceled. I suppose.. all for the best.



With my mom - Laura, and two sisters - Lynden and Maggie, here with me for the week from New Hampshire, we decided to go out to the kennels and help 'bed up' the hound beds and bunks, help wash the kennels and give out some Thanksgiving biscuits.

We had fun bedding up the hound beds. They roll around, and get covered in the grass hay, and then build little nests. The older hounds make nests and claim them before someone else comes and takes their spot. A wise hound once said, 'A warm dry bed is worth more than a dry biscuit'.

I really enjoyed sharing the hound time with my sisters and telling them the hounds names, and different things about each one. Drumore and Iceman took to Maggie, and Hurry and Ermine took to Lynden. My mom enjoyed seeing the 'H' hounds - she helped to start them as little tiny puppies.



Now that the hounds are tucked away in their new fresh beds, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Looking forward to tomorrow..

Don't Forget:

Friday - Huntsman for the day & Children's Hunt - Down Patrick Meet - 10:00am

Saturday - Red Pump - 10:00am
*last meet before our two week break for the rifle deer hunting season.

No comments:

Post a Comment