Total Pageviews

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 43 of the Hunting Season - November 15th, 2010


Day 43 of the Hunting Season - November 15th, 2010

Meet: Funnel Lake

Temps: in the 50's

Couples: 22 1/2 Couples *including 5, eight month old puppies: Kay, Kiki, Kent, Kane, and Kirkwood

Staff:
MFH- James Paxson, Staff - Priscilla Godsoe, Hoppy Stearns, Fred Von C, Dott Cochran, Field Master - Gary Kennedy, Hound Trucks - Karen Kennedy, Leo and Flora Erb

Start: 9:00am
End: 11:isham



It was a pretty foggy, overcast day and I thought the scenting would be a little bit better, actually I was hoping for a flat out crazy day, ha ha, that didn't happen for me... I was on the slow side of the hunt. I did get to hear the hounds running but there wasn't much action on my side. I guess it was good to teach my horse (JB - my show pony)what foxhunting is all about.. patience, standing still, and listening to the hounds!

To take a few lines from a book I am re-reading " Foxhunting is the grand opera of hunting. Mother Nature is the stage manager; baying hounds and hunting horns are the orchestra; pack and prey are the actors. Huntsman and horses - in front-row seats - make up the audience... Every performance is unique, no show is ever repeated." - Whipper-In by Lieutenant Colonel Dennis Foster Ex-MFH

Hounds ran well, sounded great, and foxes were viewed by Hoppy and Fred on the Amish Sides.

Best thing I know is to listen to the video... that will tell a better story





No comments:

Post a Comment