Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cubbing - October 11th, 2010


Day 27 of Cubbing - October 11th, 2010

Meet: Funnel Lake

Temps: in the 70's

Couples: 19 couples JCP Kennels

Staff:
MFH- James Paxson, Staff - Hoppy Sterns, Priscilla Godsoe, Fred VonC,Dott Cochran, Field Master Gary Kennedy, Hound Trucks - Karen Kennedy and Leo and Flora Erb

Start: 8:30am
End: 10:45am

What a fantastic day! It did get a little warm for an October morning, but it didn't keep the hounds from running through the 'River Hills'!

Funnel Lake is one of my favorite meets and I was really hoping we would have a good day of hunting. To my luck the hounds picked up a line early on and ran up and down the 'River Hills'. I have to apologize now because there are so many Amish Farms around the Funnel Lake meet that when I'm there, and see the farms I know the names and where I am, but sitting here in bed trying to come up with the names... I just cant remember. I do know that there is such a beautiful landscape of farmland that MFH Jimmy and Leo have kept open for us to hunt by their close relationships with these Amish families. Its very impressive to see so many farm owners that are happy see to us and enjoy hearing the hounds through their woods.

The hounds looped into the woods and went deep into the 'River Hills' ravines or hills, whatever you'd like to call the terrain when you get deep into our country. They came up and down and looped around, and around. It was such a great morning hearing the hounds and watching all of them together.

Next Meet: WEDNESDAY at 8:30am at Herr's Stone Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment