Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Belated Update From RHF - November 13th, 2011



Hello Friends,

I will start by first giving my regrets to those of you who regularly followed the River Hills Blog on hunting and other such 'hound like' activities. Reason being for the lack of 'blogging' has more or less been a lack of time on my behalf. I started this summer galloping horses for trainer Tim Woolley at the Fair Hill Training Center in Fair Hill, Maryland along with the regular activities of training my show and sales horses and running my farm and working at the kennels and whipping-in. Its a full time job keeping up with me.... trust me I know!

The reason for jumping back into the blog was due to the sudden death of two dear hound friends Dutch and Daniel. Age and hard hunting finally caught up with our dear boys and with in a two week time we lost one and then the other. I suppose I regret not writing about them in the blogs, not listing there part in what we do out there. I felt lost heading into the kennels the other morning and not seeing them, and even more so not hearing them while we were hunting. I hate to start everyone off with such sad news but I do want everyone to remember that the hounds are why we go out, and its because of them we enjoy our sport. I think its very important we remember them, love them, and respect them for all they do for us.

On a lighter note I can happily report that our hunting season, along with last years nine puppies have been coming along tremendously well. We had a few weeks that set us back here and there due to the rain but for the most part we've been going along just great. Our Opening Day was re-scheduled; due to SNOW, to yesterday, November 12th. The fixture was at the King's Mount Rocky Meet were we started off to a good view almost right from the first draw. Opening Day crowd drew out about 40 some riders and many well wishers on foot and car followers. Its great to start the formal season with so much support from our hunting friends. After the hunt we were grateful to share the Mount Rocky Carriage Shed and Barn to enjoy a lovely meal prepared by Laura Brophy and Vikki King.

Many thanks to all those who continue to support the River Hills Foxhounds. Please check back and be sure that I will be posting about our beloved hounds!

Cheers - Priscilla



We will be hunting tomorrow at Wiles at 10:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment